Futronic FS89 FIPS201/PIV USB 2.0 Fingerprint Module Sale
- Regular price $69.00
Vendor: Futronic Technology Co.
Type: Fingerprint Scanners
Futronic's FS89 Fingerprint Module (Formerly FS88 OEM module) is an enhanced version of FS80 fingerprint scanner. The FS88/89 was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. The scanner is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List. The FS88 meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201 (FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors.
The scanner is suitable for high-traffic applications like border control, identity card, driver license, election or any other type of civilian AFIS, as it is able to capture high quality fingerprint images almost without distortions and has a rugged sensor.
FS89 module is available for customers who want to integrate FS88 into their own products, such as handheld POS machine, portable voter registration station, etc. FS89 module is same as FS88 but without plastic shell and USB cable so that it can be embedded into any target system. It is even smaller and lighter:
Futronic FS89 FIPS201/PIV Fingerprint Module Features
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Suitable for mobile solutions – compact and rugged sensor can be used in various high-traffic environments.
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (14 mm) crown glass used for platen.
|Scanner Name||FS89 FIPS201/PIV Fingerprint Module|
|Manufacturer||Futronic Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Manufacturer Supported OS||
|Neurotechnology Supported OS (1)||
|Image capture area (Platen size)||16 x 24 mm (0.6" x 0.9")|
|Fingerprint image size||320 x 480 pixels|
|Sensor type||Optical, CMOS|
|Device size||45 x 55 x 20 mm (1.8" x 2.2" x 0.8")|
|Device weight||80 grams (0.2 lbs)|
|Operating temperature||-10°C ~ +55°C|
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
- active <700mW(during scanning)
- standby <200mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
- sleep mode <12.5mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage
The Futronic FS88 USB 2.0 Reader is compatible with many different software development kits and applications. Below is the list of products that are currently known to support this scanner. Please note that some applications and development kits require specific versions of the drivers to be installed. Please contact us if you need additional information.
Supported Software Development Kits:
VeriFinger Standard and Extended SDK
MegaMatcher Standard and Extended SDK
FbF (TM) Device Listener