Futronic FS88H FIPS201/PIV USB 2.0 Sale
- Regular price $69.00
Vendor: Futronic Technology Co.
Type: Fingerprint Scanners
FS88H is an enhanced version of FS80H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner from Futronic. It was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification (view PDF) for Single Finger Reader. So FS88H meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors. It is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program.
FS88H uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to meet the rigorous requirement on fingerprint image quality of PIV-071006. Its fingerprint scanning window is crown glass with a thickness of 14mm that resists scratches and other stress to ensure long term heavy duty usage. It is a robust but cost effective single finger capture device and ideal for border control, identity card, driver license, election and any type of civilian AFIS application.
Special electronic circuit is built into FS88H to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). With appropriate software in PC, user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger's fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic standard software.
A unique serial number is factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor of each FS88H. So every FS88H is traceable and this is very important for government identity management projects.
Futronic FS88H FIPS201/PIV USB 2.0 Features
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Unique serial number programmed to USB Device Descriptor
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image
- Live Finger Detection – rejects fake fingers made from silicone, rubber, play-doh or other materials.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (14 mm) crown glass used for platen.
|Scanner Name||Futronic FS88H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner|
|Manufacturer||Futronic Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Manufacturer Supported OS||
|Neurotechnology Supported OS (1)||
Fingerprint Capture Method
|Image capture area (Platen size)||16.26 x 24.38mm|
|Fingerprint image size||480x320 pixel|
|Sensor type||Optical, CMOS|
|Device size||66 x 66 x 29 mm (2.6" x 2.6" x 1.1")|
|Device weight||150 grams (0.3 lbs)|
|Operating temperature||-10°C ~ +55°C|
|Image format||8 bit 256 grayscale|
|Raw fingerprint image file size||150K byte|
Compliant to following standards
- FIPS 201/PIV 071006 Image Quality Specification
- Microsoft WHQL
- FCC and CE
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
- active <700mW(during scanning)
- standby <200mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
- sleep mode <12.5mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage
The Futronic FS88 USB 2.0 Reader is compatible with many different software development kits and applications. Below is the list of products that are currently known to support this scanner. Please note that some applications and development kits require specific versions of the drivers to be installed. Please contact us if you need additional information.
Supported Software Development Kits:
VeriFinger Standard and Extended SDK
MegaMatcher Standard and Extended SDK
FbF (TM) Device Listener